Beauty Elixir Botanical Tea is a unique blend of berries, florals and herbs chosen specifically for their high antioxidant content and traditional collagen producing properties. Indulge in a sacred nightly ritual of botanical tea which will calm you and stimulates collagen while you sleep.
Not only do antioxidants neutralize free radicals to improve skin health from within, but they also have several skin benefits. Free radicals lead to loss of skin elasticity and firmness. Antioxidants also help to speed up the production of collagen in the skin and calm inflammation. Vitamins C, E and A are the most important for boosting the biosynthesis of collagen in the body.
You can however, drink this Beauty Elixir Botanical Tea blend any time of the day, even have it chilled with lemon on a hot day. Following is a detailed list of ingredients and their properties.
· Blueberries contain a plant compound or flavonoid called anthocyanin. This gives blueberries both their blue color and many of their health benefits. One cup of blueberries provides 24 percent of a person recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Flavonoids are plant compounds that often have a powerful antioxidant effect.
· Blue butterfly pea flowers Sourced from a private owned plantation in Thailand, these Butterfly Pea Flowers are of exquisite quality, ethically sourced and are a foundation to support income to a small network of communities. Used in cocktails, teas, and blue latte’s due to its sensational colour changing qualities, the Butterfly Pea Flower is also known for it’s incredible known benefits such as antioxidant (C, E & A) support, rich in anthocyanins that support well-being, and research has even shown that it may contribute to cognitive health and stress relief!
· Rosehips contain the seeds of the rose plant. Rosehips contain a lot of Vit C which is important in the stimulation of collagen production.
· Chamomile Chamomile has been used for centuries in teas as a mild, relaxing sleep aid, treatment for fevers, colds, stomach ailments, and as an anti-inflammatory, to name only a few therapeutic uses.
· Nettle Stinging nettle leaf has known benefits of being a gentle diuretic, helping the body to process and flush away toxins. Nettle also contains Vit A, B, K, D & E, Carotene B 1, B5, protein and biologically active compounds of silica and magnesium. Silica is an essential trace mineral that plays an important role in the development, strengthening and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. Silica also restores weak connective tissues in blood vessels, cartilage, tendons and in collagen — the body glue that helps hold our skin and muscle tissues together.
· Horsetail is one of the oldest plants on the planet. The hollow stems and shoots of horsetail are a rich source of naturally occurring calcium, magnesium, potassium and other valuable nutrients (including silica crystals). Many of the medicinal properties of horsetail can be attributed to its high silica content, which is easily absorbed by the human body. See above description for information on the importance of silica for collagen production.
· Cranberries contain super high amounts of vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for the immune system, for collagen production and for cellular health in general. Each berry is also high in manganese, vitamin E and vitamin K and contains a healthy amount of fiber.
· Apple There are over 1000 different varieties of apples and all are good sources of vitamin C and B. In fact, one medium apple has 14% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C, which may speed up skin cell production. The B vitamins found in apples can help fight acne and skin irritation.
· Pineapple is rich in vitamin C, A, B6, manganese, copper, potassium, magnesium, beta-carotene, folic acid, dietary fibers, etc. But the benefits of pineapple don’t end there. This delicious fruit is a great source of anti-oxidants.
· Hibiscus thanks to the vitamin C in hibiscus, you can help your body make collagen naturally both internally and topically. Hibiscus is high in an antioxidant called myricetin. This compound suppresses collagenase, an enzyme that targets and degrades collagen. (Collagenase activity naturally increases as we get older, causing the skin to lose its firmness and structure.) The myricetin in hibiscus, however, could potentially pump the brakes on collagen degradation. Keeping your skin strong and firm.
· Calendula The top health benefits of calendula tea include its ability to improve the appearance of skin, stimulate healing, boost the immune system, ease menstrual pain and detoxify the body. There are a number of flavonoids and other antioxidants in calendula tea that can help prevent the damage of free radicals on our skin. Free radicals can contribute to wrinkles, age spots, and blemishes.
· Ashwaganda is a powerful antioxidant that works to prevent oxidative stress and cell breakdown while actively fending off external stressors, pollutants, and irritants for your skin’s health.
· Rose petals Rose tea is so good for you because of the diverse range of compounds present in rose petals and the rose plant. The petals also contain various powerful antioxidant compounds including quercetin and kaempferol. Studies have demonstrated that the total phenoilic (antioxidant) compound content of rose tea is even higher than green tea which is well-known for its health benefits.
· Goji berries In addition to providing a generous boost to the immune system, goji berries (both its seed oil and its fruit extract) are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin E. They are also an excellent antioxidant, which is critical to help rejuvenate skin and mitigate the aging process and its impact on the skin.
· Gynostemma Gynostemma contains over 80 different saponins (gypenosides) compared to the 28 found in ginseng. As well as these saponins, gynostemma is a natural antioxidant and a rich source of healthy vitamins and minerals. Many people suggest that gynostemma is one of the best adaptogens found in nature, also referred to as biological response modifiers.
Add Beauty Elixir Botanical Tea Blend to your daily ritual!