I make this delicious GF banana bread recipe more than anything else. It is super easy and healthy and you can change it up and add whatever you like. Sometimes I add chopped up apples, cinnamon and nuts. Or chopped dates and coconut. Berries, rhubarb and pears are other great alternatives, though nothing beats plain banana bread fresh out of the oven with organic butter!
Significant amounts of vitamin C and B6 play a vital role in maintaining the elasticity of the skin.
A large number of antioxidants and manganese present in bananas protect the body from damages caused by free radicals, the compounds responsible for premature aging of the skin.
Given that bananas have 75 percent water, they also hydrate our skin and prevent it from drying and peeling.
3 ripe bananas
130 gm organic coconut oil or organic butter
100 gm maple syrup, raw honey or coconut sugar
1tsp mixed spice
2 eggs or flax eggs
110 gm GF flour
110 gm buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi-carb
2 tsp vanilla extract
100 gm coconut/almond mylk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line loaf tin
- Mash bananas or blend in thermomix (or food processor) for a few seconds . Set aside
- Blend oil/butter and maple/coconut sugar/honey for 1 minute
- Add eggs and extract and blend for 30 seconds
- Add blended banana, mylk, spice and dry ingredients
- Blend lightly until mixed together. Pour into loaf tin and drizzle maple syrup over the top.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Sit for 30 minutes before cutting. Enjoy
Healthy banana bread