When your mum brings you a bag of limes and a bag of ripe avocados from a local farm, it means time to get in the kitchen and get creative! As these two fruits are a couple of my favorites, I thought that combining them could very well be the delicious way to go. I was correct 😉
This recipe contains ingredients that are all super skin foods in their own right, but combined, not only taste delicious but are a veritable treasure trove of good fats, protein, vitamins and minerals, all which are crucial for great skin health. It is also incredibly easy to make. Just remember to soak your cashews over night or during the day. If you make this yummy dessert, don’t forget to take a great pic and tag us on instagram! @bare_beauty_essentials #barebeautyessentials
Here is a breakdown of the main ingredients and how they benefit the health of your skin.
- Nuts ~ Nuts are a great source of fatty acids, fibre, protein, minerals and vitamins, all which are crucial to healthy skin cell renewal.
- Vanilla ~ Vanilla is a good source of essential oils, vitamins & minerals especially vitamin B and can help improve the look of your skin tone. Great source of antioxidants.
- Coconut ~ High in good fatty acids which strengthen connective tissue and helps your skin shed dead cells. It is also high in manganese and copper both which support collagen production. Coconut oil is naturally high in fibre which will help improve your digestive system. You need a healthy digestive system to have healthy skin. (or anything else!) Also high is antioxidants. We use coconut oil in EVERYTHING!!!
- Maple Syrup ~ contains some important antioxidants and minerals like zinc and manganese.
- Lime juice is enriched with Vitamin C. It has 9.2mg of Vitamin C per oz. It contains many other important nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium, Choline, Phosphorus, and Betaine.
Vegan Lime & Coconut ‘cheesecake’ recipe
Base~ 250 gm Mixed nuts ( I use nuts that activate such as almonds, macadamias, cashews, pecans and walnuts)
50 gm Pure maple syrup
50 gm Coconut ( I prefer shredded)
Good pinch of Himalayan salt
200 gm cashews which have been soaked all day or over night
75 gm lime juice and pulp
1 good sized Avocado
100 gm Pure maple syrup
100gm melted Virgin coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest from 1 lime
Line a loaf tin with baking paper. I use a thermomix to make this but a food processor will work fine as well. Put all of the base ingredients into thermomix 15 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat. Press mix into bottom of lined tin. Combine filling ingredients except for the zest for 60 seconds speed 6 until smooth. Scrape down sides. Add lime zest, put in butterfly attachment and whip for 1 minute on speed 4. Pour on to base, smooth top and refrigerate until firm. Sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Tags: avocado, coconut, dessert, lime, raw, skin food, vegan