One last easy and scrummy recipe just in time for christmas! These delicious Cranberry Snowballs (or Raw Coconut Macaroons the rest of the year!) are sooo quick and easy to make and taste like a little ball of heaven
Best of all, the ingredients are super nourishing for your skin! Win win right???
Each recipe will have a breakdown of each key ingredient and how it benefits the health and appearance of your skin.
- Coconut ~ High in good fatty acids which strengthen connective tissue and helps your skin shed dead cells. It is also high in manganese and copper bith which support collagen production. Coconut oil is naturally high in fibre which will help improve your digestive system. You need a healthy digestive system to have healthy skin. (or anything else!) Also high is antioxidants. We use coconut oil in EVERYTHING!!!
- Cranberries ~ Contain high concentrations of vitamin C which repairs tissue damage & contains antioxidants.
- Cocao ~ High in antioxidants which are key in blocking harmful free radicals in the body and protects against premature aging. High in vitamin C & magnesium which protects your skin & keeps it healthy. Cocao contains omega 6 fatty acids, which help in cellular healing & promotes blood flow. We used organic ark chocolate that is high in cocao.
- Vanilla ~ Vanilla is a good source of essential oils, vitamins & minerals especially vitamin B and can help improve the look of your skin tone. Great source of antioxidants.
- Maple Syrup ~Maple syrup’s plant-based compounds reduce oxidative stress, which is responsible for aging us at a quicker rate and reducing the strength of our immune system. Maple syrup also supplies some trace minerals and antioxidants, while sugar lacks both of these.
- Himalayan Salt ~ Himalayan salt rather than ordinary table salt or even sea salt is mined from ancient sea beds, so it is pure from modern environmental toxins. It provides a whopping 84 trace minerals, plus a unique ionic energy that is released when the salt is mixed with water.
Raw Coconut Macaroons (Cranberry Snowballs)
- 3 cups Shredded Coconut
- 4 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 8 Tbsp Organic Raw Coconut Oil. Solid not melted.
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Himalayan Salt
- Organic dark chocolate to melt, chopped.
Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a bowl. I like to use a fork or metal spoon as to do this with your hands will melt the coconut oil too much and make it hard to form balls.
Work fast, forming 1 tbsp sized balls. Roll in coconut. Place in fridge to firm up
Melt your chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water till melted around the sides. Stir really well away from the heat until smooth and glossy. Don’t over heat as this will make the chocolate crumbly. See pics
Dip balls into the melted chocolate and place on a plate covered with grease proof paper. You can also drizzle the chocolate over the top with a teaspoon. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Remember to cook with love! Enjoy
Click here to check out our OMG so delicious Super Easy antioxidant rich Choc Berry ‘Lamington’ squares.