Quick Avocado & Cocao Mousse
Once you try this simple recipe, I am sure it will become a firm favourite when you are craving something sweet but don’t want to be naughty! This mousse recipe ticks all of the healthy boxes. Both for your skin and body👏🏻
Here’s a breakdown of the ingredients and how they benefit the health of your skin
- Cocao ~ High in antioxidants which are key in blocking harmful free radicals in the body and protects against premature aging. High in vitamin C & magnesium which protects your skin & keeps it healthy. Cocao contains omega 6 fatty acids, which help in cellular healing & promotes blood flow.
- Avocado ~ Avo’s are full of skin loving nutrients – the healthy monounsaturated fats like oleic and linoleic acids, A, B, C and E vitamins, and minerals like potassium, phosphorus, and calcium – that contribute to the myriad health benefits of avocado are the ones that make it good for the skin as well.
- Maple Syrup ~ contains some important antioxidants and minerals like zinc and manganese.
1 decent sized avocado scooped out of its shell
1/4 cup of coconut or almond mylk
1/4 cup Cocao powder
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
optional, 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract or powder
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or thermomix amd mix until smooth.
2. Spoon into 2 glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set
3. Serve with berries and delicious with whipped coconut nut cream or coconut yogurt