Afraid to use oil on your skin? The right types of oils can work better than oil free products to normalise the oil production.
Most of us are aware of how awesome rosehip oil is for your skin. We use it in many of our products as it is so full of vitamins, rich fatty acids and antioxidants which help prevent the signs of aging. Well there are many more beautiful oils which make your skin sigh and say “its about time you nourished me properly”!
More & more women are returning to basic ancient beauty treatments and are even experimenting with making their own, using essential oils, fresh fruits and vegetables and plant extracts. Those who don’t have the time or the inclination to do so can shop here…Bare Beauty Skin Care 😉
If you do decide to go natural and chemical free with your skin care routine, try it on a small patch of skin as everyone has different skin types and needs.
Read on for information on some of the oils we love and use in our products.
~ Jojoba Oil
– An all rounder, highly recommended for oily and mixed skin, but also great for fry and normal skin. It controls sebum which helps to manage wrinkles and refreshes and rejuvenates the skin of your face neck and decolletage. Jojoba oil is found in many of our products including our Silky skin facial oils, Mineral detoxing soap, Creamy Honey face wash & Hair serum.
– Not just great in a salad, it also has incredible skin loving properties. Helps young skin rejuvenate from acne scarring and mature skin to protect itself from age spots. A great skin hydrator, great for the scalp neck and decolletage area. Avocado oil can be found in our Silky skin facial oil for normal & mature skin, soaps, Vanilla Ultra Moisture Shield Lip Elixir, Lush Body Butter & our hair products.
~ Coconut Oil
– A highly diverse oil having many uses, you can use it anywhere and is recommended for children. It is hydrating, soothing and nurturing for your skin and can be found in our Body Butters, Face cream, Therapeutic Salves , soaps and lip balms.
~ Macadamia Oil
– Easily absorbed and great for healing, it is a wonderful oil and great for most skin types as it balances out oil production. It is absorbed quickly and leaves a satiny finish on your skin. If your hair is heat damaged and dry, a few drops massaged into the ends of your hair work wonders to soften and moisturise. Macadamia oil can be found in the following products Anti-aging face cream, Silky skin facial oil & Hair serum.
~ Grapeseed Oil
– Is great for oily skin as it eliminates the excess oils on your face that give you that shiny look. It is also rich in antioxidants & vitamin C which brightens tour skin. Used in our facial oil for young & oily skin, face cream & infused with herbs in our therapeutic salves.
~ Argan Oil
– A brilliant oil for both skin and hair, it has concentrated fatty acids and vitamin E which helps fight signs of aging. It also has sunscreen elements which makes it safe to apply in the daytime. We put organic argan oil in our Silky skin facial oils, Creamy Honey face wash & hair care products. As it is easily absorbed into the skin, it is great for all skin types.
~ Meadowfoam Seed Oil
– Is a wonderful oil mainly used to lock in the skins natural moisture which helps prevent dryness. It has superb anti-oxidant properties and skin softening benefits. We use it in our Anti-aging face cream, anti~wrinkle stick and Silky skin facial oils.
~ Camellia Oil
– is a luxurious oil, rich in many vitamins. It is non greasy and awesome to use in both skin care and hair care products. Camellia oil promotes the healing of scars, is soothing to irritated and dry skin and can be used to combat freckles and age spots, giving the skin a radiant glow. The benefits of camellia oil for the hair is numerous. It softens hair and makes it more manageable, restores hairs natural sheen, helps hair to retain moisture, forms a barrier against environmental pollutants and repair breakages and split ends. So far we use it in our hair serum and after sun top to toe repair oil we are working on.
~ Neem Oil
Neem oil has been used in skin care for thousands of years, especially in Ayruvedic medicine. Neem bark, leaves, fruit, seeds and oils all contain medicinal qualities. Many of these qualities play an important role in healthy skin care. Neem Oil is used in skin care because it’s loaded with nutrients. Neem contains extraordinarily high levels of antioxidants that help to protect the skin from environmental damage. It is ideal for acne-prone skin because it can help to soothe irritation and inflammation, clear up pimples and remove bacteria from the surface of the skin that can cause more break-outs. Neem Oil, can relieve eczema symptoms, but it will not cure the root causes for eczema. But due to its ability to reduce inflammation and heal abrasions, it can be very soothing for eczema sufferers. It is one of the best known treatments for eczema & psoriasis. Check out our popular and highly effective Skin Soothing Salve.
~ Hemp Oil
Hemp, been used world-wide for a number of conditions for centuries. Recently, with hemp bans being lifted and a slow-growing acceptance of cannabis, cannabis oil has been incorporated into beauty products. Hemp seeds are also from the stavia cannabis plant, but don’t get it twisted — the resin held in these seeds will not get you high, nor will they seep into your pores, causing you to fail your next job-related drug test. Cannabis oil contains Omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids which are key components in maintaining healthy skin. The linolenic acid present has amazing anti-inflammatory properties that we know are necessary to treat acne. When the seeds are pressed, they produce a natural moisturizer that is slightly thick, but not as greasy as one would expect, making it great for eczema, psoriasis and a plethora of other skin conditions. Check out our skin soothing salve. As it is non-comedogemic and light and nourishing on your skin, we use it in our Jasmine & Rose Geranium face cream.