Whether you’re dealing with a lot of stress during the day, you’re very busy, or not busy at all, a good night’s sleep is essential to a productive and enjoyable day and your over all health and well being. Having a good nights sleep makes all the difference to how you handle situations during the day, whether at work or home.
So many people we know are sleep deprived due to a variety of reasons so we thought that a simple pillow spray may just help you to find it easier to enjoy a few extra ZZZZZZZ’s 😉
Here are a few well known tips to help ease your mind into a peaceful slumber
- This is the hardest one – No electronics within an hour of bed. Turn off the TV, stop checking your mobile phone/facebook and put away your computer. You want to stop stimulating your brain. Instead, read a few chapters of a good book or make To Do lists for tomorrow so you don’t lie in bed awake thinking about the next day.
- Have a cup of herbal tea
- A few gentle stretches helps to relax you
- Only use your bed for sleeping (and doing the wild thing!) lol. DO NOT use your bed as a place to study, watch TV, etc. Your brain forms associations that trains it to act certain ways in certain circumstances.
- Be sure to pee before you go to bed so you don’t wake up during the night to do so
- Don’t go to sleep until you’re tired. You will just end up tossing and turning, berating yourself with how important it is that you get to sleep. Instead of going through this pointless routine, if you find you’re not sleepy when it’s your bedtime, get out of bed and do some stretches or read until your eyes are heavy. Then take your ready-for-bed self to sleep!
- Reading a boring book puts me to sleep every time! I usually have one near the bed just in case I cant sleep.
- Last but definitely not least, don’t bother stressing about situations that you have no control over.
- Make sure it is dark in your room. Eye masks are fabulous!
- Use aromatherapy like the recipe below 🙂
Easy DIY Sleepy Time Pillow Spray
- A small spray bottle
- Rubbing alcohol
- Distilled water
- Lavender essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Fill your spray bottle about halfway with rubbing alcohol and the rest of the way with distilled water, about 1/2 inch below the top of the bottle.
- Add 10 drops of essential oils per 30ml that your bottle holds. My bottle holds 60ml, so I used 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of chamomile (for a total of 20 drops).
- Shake your bottle to mix the ingredients before using.
- For a great night’s sleep, spritz a spray or two on your pillows, sheets, and/or pajamas before bed. Goodnight!