Berry & Coconut Nice Cream
If you are like me, you enjoy a little something delicious while watching your favorite show at night. (usually sitting in bed!)
This recipe for berry & coconut 'nice cream' (as in dairy and refined sugar free) is a perfect treat on a balmy night.
It is also packed with antioxidants so you are doing your skin a favour by having this little indulgence before you go to sleep.
Antioxodants (organic berries are full of them) fight free radical damage in all of your cells and while you sleep is when your body is busy doing a good job of healing so having a healthy late night snack is sounding better and better!!
This recipe is so easy to make and ready in a couple of minutes!
I use my thermomix to make this recipe but you can use a food processor.
50gm coconut sugar (or pure maple syrup or a dash of honey)
500gm frozen mixed organic berries (or whatever berries you want)
120gm organic coconut cream
1. Blitz coconut sugar in thermomix for 15 seconds on speed 10
2. Add berries, blitz for 15 seconds speed 8
3. Add coconut cream, use spatula and turn it while mixing for 40 seconds, speed 5.
4. Serve immediately.
5. If you don't use it all, put in a container in the freezer. You will need to let it sit for a time to soften before serving.
6. Spoon the mix into popsicle moulds for the kids (or yourself!)